DevOps Engineer - Job Details
Job in 'Information Technology (non-BI)' discipline and 'Software Development' category
|Job title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Job category:||Software Development|
|Position status:||Vacant||Min Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|Position type:||Contract / Permanent||Max Salary (p/m):||Market related|
|PBT Group has an opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to turn business requirements into robust IT solutions that can be utilized for the improvement of business processes. This must be done by producing software that is both reliable and using experience gained through the industry to ensure that the business risk is minimized. To provide high quality technical support, and automation expertise on IT solutions. The primary objective is to influence the design and implementation of applications. Build, release, deployment and configuration activities.
• Manage code releases and improve the performance of applications (both functional and deployment)
• Builds automated deployments using configuration management technology
• Deploys new modules, upgrades and fixes to environments across the SDLC
• Documents and completes knowledge transfer to support
• Validates deployments
• Take responsibility of tasks and projects assigned and make the necessary corrections to bring these projects into alignment with business expectation.
• Report on Software project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders/ team leaders are kept up to date on progress and ensure that deadlines are met.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Willingness to work overtime to ensure the delivery of projects assigned and communicate effectively when timelines are in danger of not being met.
• Produce high-level design documentation.
• Open to working with new methodologies and technologies.
• Develop and improve current or new operational practices and procedures.
• Any other related duties
• 2-3 years’ experience working as a developer and/or DevOps -engineer.
• Intermediate technical experience with SQL, C#, .NET, Windows Server, PowerShell and web-based systems.
• Good understanding of any of the following Build Servers (TFS, Jenkins, Team City).
• Practical experience with CI/CD technologies, automated deployments and source control would be an advantage.
• Strong understanding of setting up and managing Production and UAT environments would be an advantage.
• Good understanding of Agile and scrum processes would be an advantage.
• Solid understanding of IIS would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Windows Servers, SQL Server and Docker would be an advantage.
• A degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Administration / Commerce or equivalent
You are currently not logged in.
You will therefore not be able to view the complete list of requirements
for this job, nor will you be able to apply for it.
Please login above or register your details with us.