Business Analyst - Job Details
Job in 'Information Technology (non-BI)' discipline and 'Business Analyst' category
|Job title:||Business Analyst|
|Job category:||Business Analyst|
|Position status:||Vacant||Min Salary (p/m):||R20000|
|Position type:||Contract / Permanent||Max Salary (p/m):||R50000|
|PBT Group has an opportunity for a Business Analyst to define needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders or to resolve business problems.
Actively works as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and business systems. To facilitate the development of Business Requirement Specifications by assisting business to articulate the changes they require on a system with its related processes. To analyse business processes for efficiency gains and cost saving opportunities and/or to resolve business problems in line with the business objectives. To enable and guide business process management. The business analyst will facilitate root cause analysis to determine solutions for business problems.
- 4 years business analyst and industry related experience. Experience in five or more of the following areas: Software Life Cycle, Development, Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Business Analysis, System Analysis, User Acceptance Testing, Project Management, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Business Process Analysis, Problem Management and Maintenance and Support, Understanding of the globally accepted practices for business analysis.
- Knowledge and application of relevant legislation and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of medical systems would be a huge advantage.
- Able to work autonomously to achieve personal and operational goals and objectives
- Executive Business Writing Skills
- Financial Acumen
- Deadline driven
- Change Management
- Innovates and Takes Risks
- Computer Technology Skills
- Communication Skills
- Understanding of Business processes
- Relevant systems knowledge and application
- Project administration skills
- Business Acumen
- Quality Orientation
- Project Management Skills
- Ownership (SM)
- Collaboration (SM)
- Influence (SM)
- Entrepreneurship (SM)
- Credibility (SM)
- Maintain a professional image.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline driven
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Work to a high standard of excellence, paying attention to detail and time.
- Be flexible and adaptable – regarding hour of work, tasks and duties
- Able to create and maintain a positive, friendly and innovative work environment
- Hunger for knowledge - desire to keep up to date with product and industry knowledge
- Customer service orientation - Able to handle a demanding customer environment
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Handle pressure
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Business Analysis Certification, National Diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in any field is preferred, Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Implement practical solutions that use the specialist and departmental systems and processes
- Provide specialist input and recommendations to improve the efficiency, compliance and quality objectives related to the area of specialisation
- Identify problems and develop and propose solutions to present to appropriate leader or stakeholders
- Ensure day to day operational support required from area of specialisation is provided to enhance performance
- Provide ongoing system improvement support including but not limited to defining the scenarios, developing options for solutions, overseeing the development according to specification and testing
- Engage with the system on an ongoing basis and undertake live monitoring and testing to ensure maximum efficiency and performance of the system
- Engage with the business and provide ongoing evaluation and review of the required business process enhancements
- Support the identification, development and implementation of cost-effective processes to increase efficiency and reduce cost drivers related to area of specialisation
- Continuously review cost / benefit and Return on Investment within area of specialisation
- Maintain a high level of impact on other departments to support improved delivery
- Continually increase understanding of client and stakeholder needs, satisfaction and service delivery
- Ensure that adequate knowledge regarding specialisation is shared as required and maintained within the research library
- Provide advice and / or training as required
- Maintain, develop and implement specialist knowledge within the day to day operations of the organisation
Maintain expertise level
- Ensure CPD (continual professional development) or similar accreditation requirements are met annually to ensure maintained specialist accreditation
Network key relationships
- Engage with and provide support to the established network of internal and external expert resources and partners
Specialist support to projects
- Provide Specialist expertise and ensure best practice related to specialisation is implemented in projects, when required
- Conform to project management disciplines when participating in projects
- Represent department or project on appropriate committees related to area of specialisation
You are currently not logged in.
You will therefore not be able to view the complete list of requirements
for this job, nor will you be able to apply for it.
Please login above or register your details with us.